Well the Man and his smiley faces are pretty damned persuasive, but I don’t know if I’ll go and tag ten other blogs (apart from YOU, Alister, consider yourself well and truly tagged) because I am lazy and am also in the middle of a really, really good book. BUT here are five random facts in recompense:
1. I am in the habit of naming random plants and animals that happen to be in my vicinity, like Leonard, the long-suffering cactus; and Matilda, the duck who waddles over to my door every morning begging for free bread (she is such a bread whore).
2. I am slightly over-obsessive about my book collection. It still feels odd having books in different places (#studentlife), life will not be all right again until all of my books are in the same house.
3. I miss the sea! I’ve always lived in or near the coast, and living in York means that all I get is a massive Hogwarts-style lake, which while providing ducks, Monet-like landscapes and some pretty cool giant squid legends is just not the same as the salty breeze and ethereal mists at the seaside.
4. I really, really, REALLY want to get a tattoo, but am far too chicken about pain and the possibility of spine paralysis/ blood poisoning to seriously contemplate it. Yet.
5. As evidenced above, I worry about everything. My brain is just GREAT at creating worst-case scenarios.